Posted on February 14 2020
Obesity is a global epidemic and many of us have a hard time sticking to any diet program due to family, life and work constraints.
There are so many methods online, books and our friends telling us about what works!
Of course, everyone is different and even though our diet and exercise are very important to health each one of us responds to these methods totally different.
Let’s discuss what might work for you and how to combine 3 specific systems; Detox, Metabolism, and Weight loss together along with some supplements to help you achieve your goals.
Flush the Fat Main Program: Detoxing, Metabolism and Weight loss
Hydration is essential to weight loss and detoxing. So, drinking water is a must-do…
Detoxing helps your body filter and get rid of environmental and chemical toxins built up in your tissues. These drinks use citrus fruits and herbs that are beneficial in releasing fat from the cells.
Many of these detox drinks, 8-16 ounces each, should be done before each meal and throughout the day. You can vary your drinks to your taste:
- Green tea- studies have found that the antioxidant EGCG (epigallocatechin), and caffeine in Green tea can help increase your metabolism, increase fat burning, help you detox chemicals and improve insulin activity. Matcha tea is a good source also.
- Citrus Detox Flush- mixing slices of grapefruit, tangerine, and mints, like peppermint or spearmint. You could also use Essential oil (EO) drops if no fresh mint leaves are available. Grapefruit increases metabolism and people do lose weight when used with each meal. (you can use citrus juices or eat the whole grapefruit slices for added fiber) Mix with filtered water.
- Iced Cranberry juice- because cranberries are great diuretics and help to cleanse the kidneys. Cranberry helps dissolve the fat in the cells. Mix half juice and a half with filtered water and use 100% pure cranberry juice.
- Lemon slices or peppermint and lemon Essential oil by using 1-2 drops in filtered water, drinking throughout the day can help decrease your cravings or your desire to eat.
Supplements to help increase your Metabolism and Weight loss
- Probiotics are a great additive to a weight loss program since it helps balance your bacterial flora in the gut, decreases any tummy discomfort during eating; helping your system function better and helps break down your food.
- Chlorella is a freshwater alga, high in chlorophyll, that detoxes heavy metals, lowers body fat and boosts energy. In one study, it was found to decrease belly fat and lower cholesterol.
- Curcumin or Turmeric is the best anti-inflammatory which helps you with any aching, joint pain, back pain or any inflammation in the body that could be slowing down your weight loss. It also is beneficial to the digestive system and mental health.
- Any combo of Moringa, Green coffee bean, Garcinia cambogia or raspberry ketones could just give you a little more nudge on weight loss. Some of these are controversial in that it helps some people, but not others. More studies are needed to prove how much it actually helps with metabolism and weight loss.
These are short term programs 7-10 days, or you can do longer periods of 30 days if you are feeling good.
Then I recommend taking a few weeks off, watch your food intake and exercise to keep off your pounds lost.
If you have not reached your goals You can try another 10-30 days to lose a few more pounds.
Remember, if you want to lose pounds and look good stay away from processed foods, treats, pastries, bread, and even dairy during this program.
Cut back or give up, on alcohol, coffee, and sweet soda drinks; you will be surprised how fast you will lose weight!
Try good gluten-free products as substitutes for bread. Add good fats like the Omega 3’s like coconut or MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides), palm oils or butter.
Use fermented foods like yogurt, kombucha, fermented veggies like sauerkraut or pickles to help fill the gut with good bacteria.
Give this a try and let us know how it works for you. Be Happy and Healthy while looking slim and beautiful.
Shop Tropical Holistic Natural Products: www.tropicalholistic.com
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and Nutritional Health Consultant. Helps individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses.