Posted on March 12 2020
A lot of us are addicted to our coffee in the morning, to give us that special “wake me up” feeling.
But who would have known that utilizing those coffee grounds could heal our skin and make us feel so refreshed!
Coffee extracts to repair and rejuvenate skin by removing dead, dry skin cells lessens stretch marks and can decrease the size of spider veins.
It is safe for all skin types and can be used for face, cuticles, nails, lips and as an all-over body wash.
Coffee grounds smell like freshly roasted coffee with hints of sweetness that feels and smells heavenly.
Benefits of Coffee Scrubs
As an exfoliant, coffee grounds, are a more natural substance than other abrasive materials on the market and are perfect for our skin. They are not harsh, very mild and not over-drying to the skin.
If you drink coffee, you can collect as many grounds as you want to use, it's free, at No Charge!!
- Coffee grounds help the skin detox by removing toxins released by the body and ridding our cells of the chemicals and pesticides we are exposed to from cosmetic creams, suntan lotion, and environmental toxins we are exposed to.
- It helps the skin by increasing blood circulation and reducing swelling of tissues. It even improves and smooths the appearance of our cellulite on hips and butt.
- Our pores are like exits for oils in our body, they easily get clogged up, so scrubbing with an exfoliant helps unclog pores and slough away dry old skin.
- The Caffeine in the coffee grounds is a mild diuretic, helping skin eliminate stored water retained in fat cells.
- When you exfoliate it gives the skin a firm and toned appearance.
- Removing your old, dead skin cells helps your foundation go on smoother and helps fight signs of aging.
We recommend out Arabica Coffee Scrub or you can blend your own.
Tropical Holistic’s Coffee Scrub mix is enriched with Shea Butter, Dead Sea Salt, and Cocoa Butter.
Here is a simple Coffee Scrub recipe:
6 Tablespoons of coffee grounds
4 Tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
1-2 Drops of Lavender or Tea tree Essential oils
Mix together and keep in a jar either room temp or refrigerated, this should keep for several weeks.
You can vary your blend by using a little sea salt or brown sugar.
It is best to use in the shower, rub the scrub on your skin before you soap up and then rinse well to get the slight residue off. Place the scrub in the palms of your hand and rub onto skin in circular motions, adding more as needed to scrub the entire body.
Final Thoughts on Coffee Scrubs
All of these scrubs can be used from your face to the feet.
Note: the oils in your scrub mixture may make tub or shower floor slippery. Be careful when using it.
You can use either fresh or used coffee grounds.
For more sensitive skin, like your face, you may want to use a lighter oil than coconut, perhaps hemp or grapeseed oil.
Let’s enjoy our day with a refreshing, stimulating coffee scrub in our shower and then have our breakfast ‘cup of joy’, here’s to the start of a wonderful day!
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and Nutritional Health Consultant. Helps individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses.