Pomegranate fruit contains many seeds or arils that are considered a powerful food even during biblical times. They are very high in special compounds like ellegic acid, a great antioxidant, helpful against aging and a natural sun protection.
- Helps prevent wrinkle formation when aging.
- Nourishes skin, lightens and brightens skin tone
- Boost skin cell regeneration by stimulating “keratin” proliferation of epidermis (upper layer of skin cells)
- Reduces inflammation due to the high amounts of punicic acid, especially for joint pains like arthritis.
- Hydrates and prevents moisture loss.
- Deeply penetrating and quickly absorbed no greasy residue.
- Improves elasticity and reduces scaring
- Punicic is an Omega5 fatty acid, it is a form of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), is well known to help with weight management and reducing body fat mass.
- Pomegranate also contains a phytoestrogen which aids women in menopause with decreasing hot flash symptoms.
- Incredible oil for the hair by cleaning up hair follicles from debris, like conditioner and mousse build up, helping circulation, aids dandruff and dry brittle, frizzy hair.
Pomegranate oil is extremely nutritious and can be used either internally or externally. By massaging, rubbing on skin, hair, joints etc. Or even taking a few drops in smoothies or juice for help with weight, hot flashes or inflammation. Even use it with a diffuser.
This oil from the seeds of the pomegranate fruit are loaded with vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, potassium and fiber.
It takes over 200pounds of fresh pomegranate seeds to make one pound of pomegranate seed oil.
Facts about Pomegranate Seed Oil
Today, pomegranate seed oil is used by many skin care formulas.
You will find this oil is being used in soaps, facial products, body care, cosmetics and massage oils. The best part is you only need a small amount …to achieve beneficial results.
Pomegranate seed oil particularly benefits our health. Punicic acid is helpful for conditions of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity and inflammation.
Studies have reported lipid lowering capabilities and improvement in insulin sensitivity.
Punica granatum is also known as pomegranate. Due to its high antioxidant level it is helpful for preventing cell damage. It is used for quick wound healing and sun damaged skin. The way it helps skin cells by producing collagen and elastin by skin cells, building up strength and tone of your skin.
The vitamin C level in Punica granatum improves skin texture, skin aging and fights against free radicals. These benefits are driving up the market for Pomegranate oil which is now exceeding into the medical market, not just the cosmetic and skin care industries.
Western Europe uses a high amount of this oil for both medical use and personal care products. Japan and China are also seeing high demand for pomegranate seed oil.
Pomegranate seed oil is so healthy for overall health that you should be using it on a daily basis.
Rarely, some may react to this oil with red, inflamed skin or digestive upset.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist, is a Natural Health Consultant helping individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses.