Everyone wants to have their cup of coffee to help them wake up in the morning. Who would have thought that those ground coffee beans would be beneficial for your skin too?
Coffee has many antioxidant compounds that are good for you, both internally by drinking and externally by rubbing on the skin.
- It acts as an exfoliate taking off all the dirt and dead skin cells. The caffeic acid in the coffee boosts production of collagen. Collagen is a protein that gives skin elasticity and firmness. This is great for aging dry skin because it brings back the supple silky smooth skin of youth.
- Gets rid of puffy, dark colored eyes due to the caffeine in coffee which is anti-inflammatory and helps reduce swelling.
- Are your feet hurting, dry and tired? Try rubbing coffee grounds to get those dry dead cells off…and then after rinsing off with water, rub on some moisturizer.
- Coffee grounds are great for detoxification, good for cellulite removal. Rub on hips, butt or tummy, leave on for a few minutes and wash off.
- Ground from coffee also works for wrinkles, stretch marks and spider veins.
- The grounds and rubbing action increases circulation and reduces swelling in those areas.
- Ground Coffee used as a wash on the hair will add brighter colors and shine, great for brunettes.
- It helps with treating Rosacea.
- Minimizes skin pores the source of blackheads and acne due to excess oil and dirt building up in large pores.
The smell of the coffee scrub smells wonderful. You can enjoy ‘your day at the spa’, and feel good about helping your skin detox and end up looking younger!
Our Organic Coffee Bean Scrub also includes:
- Dead Sea salts which have been used for centuries to promote health, for skin disorders and to detoxify. Sea salts differ from regular salt because it is lower in sodium and has minerals that nourish skin.
Dead Sea salt renews skin, reduces wrinkles and helps skin retain water. This keeps it moisturized and anti-aging wrinkle free skin.
- Shea butter is highly moisturizing, reduces inflammation, improves skin elasticity and has mild sun protection properties.
- Cocoa butter is a vegetable fat extracted from cocoa bean. It is also called, Theobrama oil, used in cosmetics, chocolates and some pharmaceuticals. Cocoa butter helps prevent hair loss, eases skin irritation and beneficial for getting rid of those aging wrinkles.
Remember when using a lot of these coffee grounds you may want to use a metal catch at the drain so as to not clog it up.
You can use coffee grounds to feed your plants, just mix them with their dirt.
Or you can compost the grounds, mixing them with food and garden waste to feed your yard and flowers.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and Nutritional Health Consultant. Helps individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses.