Cocoa butter is a fat extracted from the cacao beans, it is fermented, dried, roasted and pressed into a powder. It is commonly used as a moisturizing ingredient in cosmetics, creams, and lotions.
The plant is called Theobroma cacao and these butter fats are solids, they will be gentle and hydrating.
This butter fat is hard at low temperatures but has a fast-melting point so when it is put on warm skin it will melt, one reason why It is great as a moisturizer and good for lip balms.
Research is limited but so far, they have found it acts as an anti-inflammatory with high anti-oxidant levels.
Moisturizing Cocoa Butter Skin Benefits
- The good fats help skin hydrate and nourish, improves elasticity, and holds a protective barrier over the skin that holds in moisture.
- The phytochemical compounds like oleic acid, and catechin, improves blood flow and slows skin aging from UV rays.
- It is recommended for both during and after pregnancy to decrease stretch marks and scarring.
- Those signs of aging that we hate to see, like dark skin spots and wrinkles, can be smoothed out and be less noticeable.
- Cocoa butter is healing for skin rashes and soothing for psoriasis, or eczema skin issues.
- It can have the ability to break down body fats and is part of a cellulite skin regimen.
- It gives hair the extra care it needs when it is curly and dry.
- It restores hair vitality and shine, makes it softer and helps with the frizzes.
- It is great as a deep moisturizing treatment, rub throughout the hair, keep on overnight, and then shampoo out in the morning.
- Cocoa butter also helps repair damaged hair from the sun and dyes.
- It is a good dandruff control because it balances the oils in the scalp, and lubricates itchy, irritated skin.
Cocoa butter can sometimes clog pores, if you already have acne it is suggested to use cocoa butter sparingly on your face.
BUY COCOA BUTTER HERE: CLICK HERE
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and is a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant helping individuals with health programs to improve life and happiness. She is a writer, speaker and owner of several businesses.