Posted on February 11 2020
Hemp oil is made from the seeds of Cannabis sativa, a common species of the marijuana plant; which has zero amounts of THC, the psychoactive properties of other Cannabis species.
Hemp seed oil is a very nutritious, healthy and nutty flavored oil rich in Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) of Omega 3, and 6, high in antioxidants, fiber, protein and packed with minerals.
All hemp oil is made from the seeds of the Cannabis plant versus the flowers and leaves that are used for the pain-relieving CBD or cannabidiol oil.
Traditionally, the hemp plant and its oil can be used for many varied applications from cooking oil, cosmetics, to animal feed and its fiber for large paper and biofuel industries.
It really is an ecological friendly plant, its plant material uses the “whole-plant” concept, for varied different uses.
Hemp seed oil is great for your cardiovascular system, anti-aging, Immune system, and many skin issues.
Benefits of Nutritious Hemp Seed Oil
- Maintains your hormone balance due to the gamma-linolenic acid EFA compound.
- It regenerates and energizes skins protective layers due to its emollient and moisturizing effects. Hemp is anti-inflammatory reducing your itching and irritation from dry skin, nails, and hair.
- Hemp oil can lower your cholesterol by accelerating metabolic processes.
- It helps Diabetics by moderating their blood sugar.
- Hemp can help prevent Psoriasis, usually, a deficiency of Omega 6 EFA’s, boosting skin hydration and oxygenation.
- It boosts your immune system by regulating intestinal flora.
- EFA’s help your nervous system by preventing damage to the nerves myelin sheath (the membrane that covers and protects the nerve cells).
- Hempseed oil may prevent varicose veins by thinning blood decreasing blood clots and varicose veins due to the EFA’s.
- Hemp oil is excellent nutrition for your brain, linking its Omega 3 fats for better mental health and mood regulation.
The hemp seed oil has been praised for even those with sensitive skin or oily skin. It does not clog pores, is very light and plumps, firms and tightens your skin.
Your anti-aging skin changes back to the beautiful young-looking skin of your youth!
Hemp oil is great protection against environmental factors that can cause wrinkles and fine lines; giving you nice smooth skin.
Yes, you can use hemp seed oil in the kitchen, but it is recommended not to heat oil since it would destroy the nutrition value. It is recommended to use in salads, sauces or dressings. Or you can add to dishes after cooking is completed.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and Nutritional Health Consultant. Helps individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses.