Passion fruit or maracuja oil is made from the many seeds in this fruit.
Its species name is Passiflora edulis and the seeds are filled with rich antioxidants, vitamin A, and C, and essential fatty acids of linoleic and linolenic acids.
Maracuja fruit is grown in warm climates in Central and South America.
It is used for cosmetic products and is eaten in fruit preparations like jams and desserts.
Look for 100% pure, passion fruit seed oil, cold-pressed and unrefined with no other additives.
It has a natural fruity aroma and is superior for rehydrating and moisturizing, soothing skin for both women and men and all skin types.
Remarkable Benefits of Passion Fruit Oil
- It is a very anti-aging, rejuvenating skin oil resulting in a more youthful appearance, fighting wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Soothing relief for dry damaged skin and even for chapped lips.
- Passion fruit helps prevent DNA damage in skin tissue from premature aging when exposed to prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- It creates rich, thicker hair growth and color protection from sun damage.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory for skin irritation, reducing the severity of dermatitis or eczema.
- Passion fruit oil also contains carotenoids like beta -carotene that helps with sun-damaged skin, loose skin, spider veins, and age spots.
- It is a good treatment for the scalp, moisturizing the itchy, flaky skin from dandruff and split ends. Rub oil into hair roots leave on 10- 15 minutes and then wash as usual.
- Assists quicker healing of external wounds, preventing infections.
- Prevents fungal infections especially on the nails and feet. It can strengthen fragile nails.
You can mix Passion fruit oil with a carrier oil; like coconut or almond, for massaging larger skin areas.
Or add essential oil, such as lavender, frankincense, or chamomile to add more benefits and great aromas.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and is a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant helping individuals with health programs to improve life and happiness. She is a writer, speaker and owner of several businesses.