Posted on June 14 2020
Vitamin C products are being touted by dermatologists and health spas as one of the best ingredients for anti-aging and skin repair.
Your skin is your largest organ and of course it needs to be an essential part of your health regimen.
Many of these vitamin C products are available with other added ingredients to boost the absorbability and efficacy of C. It is good for all skin types.
Look for 10-20% vitamin C concentrations, and you need very little for use, like 1-2 drops for your face, neck, and under the eyes.
Some of these are vitamin E, Ferulic Acid, Green tea, hyaluronic acid, and magnesium.
“It’s good for everyone to include vitamin C in their regime” says Arielle Naglar M.D. Dermatologist at NYU Langone Medical Center.
10 Reasons to Use Vitamin C on Your Skin
- It protects the cells from free radicals and environmental chemicals, air pollution, and sun exposure.
- It improves skin texture, brightens, and evens skin tone.
- It’s a wonderful anti-aging product, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles for a youthful glow.
- It tightens, plumps up, and sculpts the skin into a smooth and beautiful face.
- It stimulates collagen growth which decreases as we age, even outs any lines and discolorations
- Helps skin tone, prevents sagging of chin and neck area.
- It can even prevent and decrease circles under the eyes.
- It has high antioxidants with cancer-fighting properties.
- Great for wound healing, skin roughness, and reducing inflammation.
- Many of the vitamin C products include vitamin E and ferulic acid which help to stabilize and increase antioxidants for skin cell protection.
Recommendations on How to Use Vitamin C on the Skin
It is suggested to use vitamin C preparations on your skin after washing your face, either morning or night before bedtime.
It is best to run a patch test first, a small area of skin, to make sure you have no reactions or rashes. If your skin is extra sensitive perhaps you will not be able to use it.
You need very little, only one to two drops for each application and massage it into the skin thoroughly.
Be consistent and use daily for best results.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and is a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant helping individuals with health programs to improve life and happiness. She is a writer, speaker and owner of several businesses.