People in general think of something bad when you talk about bacteria. Studies are showing that we have many good, beneficial bacteria in our digestive tract.
Now we also know that our digestive system makes up to 80% of our immune system. Your immune health effects all your organs and how healthy, or disease free you can be.
Probiotics are helpful when taking antibiotics to prevent loss of the good bacteria, and preventing diarrhea side effects of those antibiotics.
We have found that the digestive and elimination capabilities of our bodies are of utmost importance for overall health and aging of the body. We know that good bacteria, probiotics, are what help control these bodily systems.
When there is a lack of healthy microflora (natural good bacteria), it can affect both body and mind. Western diets, high in fats and sugars, reduce microbial diversity; a common thread in many chronic inflammatory diseases.
Bacteria in our body can also affect our nervous system this is why so many have learning disabilities like ADD, ADHD or even autism.
Let us review these probiotic benefits:
- Aids in digestion of proteins and milk sugars
- Prevents embarrassing problems ( or male laughter) with indigestion symptoms, like gas, bloating or abdominal pain
- Eliminates virus, bad bacteria, mold, yeast and food allergies
- Stimulates your immune system to function better
- Promotes better absorption of nutrients
- Protects against toxins and reduces levels of toxic waste
- Maintains healthy cholesterol levels
- Rebuilds and stabilizes hormones, which helps reverse skin aging wrinkles and dryness
- Boosts energy and vitality
The World Health Organization defines probiotics as “live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on that host or person”. Our body and probiotics have formed a mutual defense system.
Digestive disorders are a sign that the immune system is not working correctly. Anytime you have chronic health issues it can increase your rate of aging.
How do we slow down the aging process and return to a healthy and more energetic self? On answer is probiotics. Bifido bacterium is one of the bacteria that decrease with age.
Increase Prebiotic and Probiotic Intake
- One of the fastest and quickest ways to increase the good bacteria is by taking a good supplement. Pick one with a blend of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, along with other strains equaling up to a billion “colony forming units”, (CFUs).
- A second choice is in cultured foods, like yogurt and kefir, make sure it says live and active cultures.
- Learn to do fermentation or pickling. There are many products on the market today already fermented, such as, sauerkraut, cabbage or other veggies.
The greatest number of Probiotics lives in our digestive tract but some live throughout our body. These bacteria also live in our mouth, nasal cavity, urinary tract and joints.
According to Casey Adams ,PhD probiotics play a role in about 70% of our immune system. New studies are showing that probiotics can help with constipation, colds, flu, herpes, ulcers and cancer.
By using probiotics we can ensure that the digestive system has an abundant supply of good bacteria.
You will feel better and look younger. Your brain will respond better mentally and emotionally. Your body will be happy!
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist, is a Natural Health Consultant helping individuals start health programs to improve their life, wellness and happiness. Cindy is a speaker, writer and entrepreneur of several businesses. Contact her at: email@example.com